We know it can be an intimidating and frustrating process talking to some tech support people out there – but not with Black Chicken Host! Our friendly, Home-Cooked Support staff understand your primary goal is your website’s success – not to know all the jargon and details; that’s why we’re here. If you have a question, concern, or stubborn problem, we are always happy to assist – and in language you can understand.
If you’re interested in learning more about how your website works so you can be more self-sufficient, we are happy to teach you. If you’d rather not know, and just want us to do the dirty work for you, that’s ok, too! Operating system and cPanel-related issues are always 100% supported, and we are happy to provide best-effort support for third-party applications. We “speak the language,” as well as speaking your language.
We’re not website designers or developers, but we will always do our best to answer your questions, or to make recommendations to our contacts within the industry.
What you get with all of our managed hosting packages:
- Friendly, articulate, experienced technical support whenever you need it.
- Servers and support staff located within the United States.
- Easy, one-click installation of many popular web-based programs, such as WordPress, Drupal, OS Commerce, Magento, Zen Cart, phpBB, Tiki Wiki and hundreds more, thanks to Fantastico and Softaculous.
- cPanel domain management interface.
- Free cPanel-to-cPanel account migration service.
- Easily scalable account packages.
- Full support and management of your server and any shenanigans it might throw at us (not that we anticipate any, but sometimes, computers get minds of their own!)
- Automated courtesy backups, as well as the ability to create and download your own at any time.
- Access to an exclusive, customer-only knowledgebase system.
- Ability to create custom nameservers with VPS and Dedicated accounts.
- A stable, secure server environment, including the latest stable versions of cPanel, Apache, ModSecurity, and more.
- Access to MySQL and PostGRESQL databases.
- Email and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) accounts.
- SSH access for the main cPanel user.
- An suPHP environment for greater security and ease of installing web-based software.
- Ruby on Rails servers where you are able to install gems yourself.
- cPanel localizations in English, Arabic, German, Spanish, Iberian Spanish, French, Hindi, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian and Chinese (although support is in English only.)
- 24/7/365 monitoring of all server processes. If something goes wrong on the server, we’ll know within moments and have it corrected shortly. If something does go awry that will take time to fix, we’ll post a notification on our customer notification area, so you know what’s going on and when to expect a repair.
- Available external monitoring services via Pingdom and Hyperspin.
- Speedy responses to support requests. We will always reply to your support ticket as quickly as possible; you’ll never wait days to hear back from us.
- Geek Speak: Tier-1 bandwidth providers, ensuring minimal latency and fast connections to all points of the global internet. We are proud to feature direct connectivity with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Savvis and Level3. Our aggregate connectivity reaches an astounding 8,500+ networks just a single network away from our uplinks. What does this mean for you? Your website will be lightning-quick across the globe!
- Geek Speak: Physically secure datacenter. Datacenter access is strictly limited to authorized technical staff. Electronic security systems control data center access and are accompanied by a full compliment of motion detecting security cameras which monitor the entire facility. Our DataCenter facility external walls are reinforced poured concrete. We are a fully managed facility, which means we have level 3 technicians on site 24 hours per day, allowing incident response times to be kept to a minimum. What does this mean for you? No one can access your server who is not supposed to, and people are always there to address problems, day or night.
- Geek Speak: Our power systems feature extensive fault tolerance and resilience at every layer. Incoming service is routed underground to a dedicated on-site transformer. This system routes to our automatic transfer switch which monitors power quality, and automatically transfers to our emergency generators in the event they are needed. We are also protected by multiple Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), featuring redundant battery cabinets and full maintenance bypass cabinets allowing for service and upgrades without interruption of power to our servers. What does this mean for you? Even if the power goes out, your website stays up!